Types of Assessments: Exercises, Pretests and Exams
There are 3 types of assessments in the course to help you review your understanding.
Pretests: At the beginning of each Module (except Module 1, Topic 1) you will see a link to a Pretest on the Table of Contents page.
- The Pretest is brief and is intended to help you focus on areas within the module that may need your special attention.
- You can retake the Pretest if you choose.
- The Pretest is scored, but the score is not retained by the courseware. The Pretest does not contribute to your Certificate of Completion.
Exercises: Throughout each module you will find exercises (usually after each topic of interest).
- These exercises usually consist of one or two questions.
- The exercises are open-book. They contain links to the course material where you can find the answers. Try to answer the questions first without "looking", but feel free to refer to the links if you need.
- The Exercises do not contribute to your Certificate of Completion.
Exams: At the end of each Module you will find a link to the Exam.
- The Exam covers material from the entire Module.
- Detailed instructions about the operation of the Exam software is available on the Exam page.
- You must score at least 90% on EACH exam in order to successfully complete the module.
- The Exams are open-book. They contain links to the course material where you can find the answers. You can retake the Exams if you choose.